Hola Google

Yesterday, I took the plunge. I set my Android system language to Spanish.

This changed not only system text to Spanish, but also application text in apps that use the system setting.

No big deal. I’m used to deciphering headers and menus now. I’ve been doing it for a couple months.

The big deal is that Google Assistant now listens for Spanish first, and translates my English into Spanish garble unless I Speak. Super. Slowly. And. Enunciate. Very. Clearly.

It’s easier for me to speak Spanish. So I do. Google even understands me most of the time.

In other news, I realized today that I don’t translate peligro and advertencia to English. These words are all over the place, so I’ve learned them from context. It’s interesting to understand a word simply for what it is.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *